Friday, May 11, 2007

Dream 42: Transport B1
I was at the coast in a quiet almost enclosed bay/natural harbour. There were people swimming, diving, boating etc. My family had gone off for the day but I had wanted to stay back on my own. I then decided to borrow my brother-in-law's boat, a small cruiser. I'd seen him drive it loads of times and I was pretty sure I could handle it.
I was out in the bay manoeuvring around all the other recreational activities. The boat was going a bit faster than I wanted, but I wasn't at the controls I was at the side looking over and sort of steering from there, but trusting that people would get out of the way. There were some close calls with a group of divers and some swimmers, but part of me refused to look and I just trusted that the boat's path was clear and safe. I was heading for the open sea, I thought I'd go out and then come back in at the next bay which linked up to the same car parking area.
I came up to a part of the bay and a man in the water shouted up at me that I'd better throttle down. I reluctantly went over to the controls and pulled the two levers back a notch or two. The boat then went through a narrow, shallow channel which I hadn't noticed before. It was quite tricky and doubt came into my mind about going out to sea. I went back to land. There was a concrete channel for boats to travel through to the next bay - no water in the channel. I was taking the boat along there thinking I would go to the other bay this way. I thought I'd have a little trip around there and return the boat and no one would ever know I'd used it. Again the going became awkward. I felt bad about being in the boat so I took it off the concrete channel. I was in the boat but also carrying it up the concrete ramp which ran alongside the boat channel (It's a reasonable sized boat, don't you love it when you can do impossible things in dreams!). I was almost to the top when my brother-in-law S showed up. He pointed to a cleaning bay and said I'll give you a hand V. I was mortified that he'd come back before I'd put the boat away. The rest of his family were there too. He started to hose off the boat and I said 'I'll do that' and took the hose from him. He went around tidying and cleaning the boat. He seemed very good natured about it, but I was sure he must be very angry and I was looking for signs. I said to my sister 'I thought you were gone for the day. You didn't have to come back early.' I think S replied (or someone else) 'Well we heard you had the boat out so we decided to come back.' Again no one seemed to be angry but I thought they must be fuming. I felt awful, I know S trusts me with certain things, but this was taking it too far as I didn't really know much about driving boats at all. With everyone being so nice about it, my feelings of guilt and self torment were worse of course!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home