Friday, March 02, 2007

Dream 32: Lobsters, Crabs and a Horse
P and I were on a beach. I was on a horse and there was a kitchen set into the rocks at the end of the bay. P was trying to catch lobsters at the shore but was getting into all sorts of trouble and was afraid of being snapped by their pincers. There were quite a lot of them with some very large crabs too and they were very lively.
I got off my horse and went to the beach kitchen. There wasn't a stove as such, just the rocks to cook on, but they were hot enough. There were two enormous steel pots and I started to brew up a vegetable stock on one. The other was to have boiling water for the lobsters and crabs. P wanted me to help him catch them but I wasn't going to eat them and I didn't want to be party to killing them either. He was holding my horse and there was a huge crab close on the left on a ledge of rocks. P was trying to reach it. He was going to take the horse over towards it, but I was worried the horse's nose would be pinched by the crab and he'd run off. P held the horse's reins at arms length and tried to grab the crab. He had no idea how to get hold of it and it was snapping away at everything. It had the usual claws but also some extra ones and some very long legs and antennae like things as well. It's body was huge. P was leaping around trying not to get caught and trying to keep the horse away as well.
I then had to scoop some of my vegetable stock into his pan because he wanted some extra flavour although I didn't think he should boil them in my stock and I wasn't sure what else I was going to eat. The stock was pretty thin with not many vegetables in it and I thought the whole meal was going to be a disaster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home