Monday, April 16, 2007

Dream 38: Lecturing
We were to attend a lecture. It was very full but it wasn't in a lecture hall it was more in a part of the building inbetween rooms so it was a disjointed setting, a bit of a vestibule, stairs, corridors and so on. We had to sit under some stairs. I was trying to start a new system whereby new lecturers or lecturers who were going to do a particular lecture for the first time could have a rehearsal lecture. This would allow them to practise what they were going to do and make some adjustments if necessary. Also students could attend either the rehearsal or the main one. I was trying to explain that it was the only way to get the lectures to a better standard and it would help students to give them a chance to attend at a different time and to see how the lecturing process was worked through. There was talk that there weren't enough lecture halls and hours available to schedule extra ones, but I pointed out that the rooms weren't in constant use, there were plenty of free hours and besides, this one wasn't even in a room.
There was another part of the dream after this which I spent quite a lot of time memorising - it was far more interesting than the above. Even in semi dream state I was recalling and working out how I should write it up. I remembered this first bit as an after thought, then I drifted off again and now all I can remember is the first bit, very annoying! I usually just need one image to remain for me to recall the whole dream, but if that image goes then there's nothing much I can do to get it back. I do remember when I drifted off again having a dream about some office work. My boss invited a couple of work colleagues and clients to his house. AD turned up, he used to be a real old boss from the 80's. When he arrived he recognised a Dali print on the wall and commented on it. It was a fairly obvious print but there were two more obscure ones. He did notice one, but I had to steer him towards the third in amongst some other artworks. I invited him to take a seat on the sofa, but I was pretty blunt and casual and this seemed to shock the other work colleagues in the room. I guess they didn't know that I knew him. I was folding some white sports socks at the time (just like P's in real life). We were meant to be doing work, but it was just a flat and wasn't set up for it and it was frustrating having to step around domestic items and mess while trying to conduct business. (Mmmm wonder what that can mean?!).

1 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

I do know how you feel about losing dreams that you have made an effort to retain. I sometimes wonder if we are meant to forget those dreams we try so hard to remember ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home