Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dream 35: Reckless Driving
I was driving with P in the car we are currently borrowing, as sporty little red number. It/me kept going too fast. It was night and we went past some road works, they had hurdle-like structures blocking the two inside lanes and we were following a line of cars in the outside lane. Later in the dream we were at the same roadworks. Again it was night, but as we moved into the outside lane there was a hurdle barrier there too. The car in front crashed into it and I swerved to avoid it, but ended up running into the middle lane and crashing through a whole row of barriers. They were red a white striped, quite thin bits of wood which were flying off in all directions as I was still going too fast.
We came to the end of the road works after I been through all the barriers. And surprise, surprise a police car was behind us, pulling us over. One policeman approached my window, I was thinking of getting out, but you're not supposed to do that these days, plus it was raining, dark and cold (your average English evening!). I pushed the button to open the window and the policeman said he just wanted to ask me if I'd dropped my wallet. He showed me a black wallet and a very cheap plastic camera. He said he'd found them back on the road. I said they weren't mine. As he turned to go he said I thought you might be drunk, but your obviously ok, then he left.
I was very relieved! As we drove off I said to P about the policeman thinking I was DUI. We were going over a bridge which was one of those with large iron girders up the side and across the top (there's probably an proper name for them), with a single lane. I was saying to P that the brakes seemed to be a bit funny as the car kept going too fast then I couldn't slow down in time. Just as I was remarking about this we zoomed up to a truck in front and banged into the back of it. It jolted the truck forward and it sped up. We were jolted too, but there was no damage to the car. I tried to steer it straight and apply the brakes, but it was slow to respond.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

Feeling just a wee bit out of control? Rampant armpit hair and a car with a mind of its own as far as speed goes ...

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Dreeeeamer said...

Mmm, could say that. Not to mention a wee bit stress-ed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home