Friday, May 11, 2007

Dream 43: Transport B2
So now I'm driving a bus! I'm quite new at it and I think I'm on my first solo run at this route. It's going ok, although every now and then the bus feels slightly out of control but I have this blinkered feeling of not wanting to check or look.
I left the depot to go on the route, the next time I pull into the depot there is a sign blocking where I'm supposed to park. I half pull in and a waiting passenger at the stop shouts through the open door that I'm supposed to go around to the other side. She follows me around the depot and points to the place I'm supposed to pull in. She apologises for telling me what to do saying it's a liberty on her part. I say no it's fine, I needed to know where to go. I'm at the door of the bus and an inspector comes up to me. She asks my name, I tell her and say I can get my ID if she wants. She tries to write on her clip board and then asks me if I have a pen. I open up a bumbag and find a pen, my ID is there too but she doesn't ask for it.
There follows a whole ridiculous sequence with change. I don't know the purpose or reason now, but she was trying to take handfuls of change off me and she kept dropping coins. Then she owed me and I owed her, we exchanged coins for ages and in the end we were square except a £2 coin had dropped which was mine. I was trying to help the inspector put her change away so I thought I'd get it in a minute. Just as I was about to pick it up a large women in a blue anorak swooped in and took it. I said excuse me that's mine, I just dropped it. But she said finders keepers and went to get on the bus. I was full of rage and tried to punch her, but when I hit her middle the punch had no strength as it disappeared into the folds of her belly, she didn't even notice. She climbed on the bus and sat near the inspector. I went up and asked the inspector to explain that the coin was mine. The inspector brought out one penny and said it was only one cent. I said no it was two pence realising that this wasn't right either, but I couldn't remember the word for pound. The woman and inspector chuckled at me wondering what all the fuss was. I was annoyed with them both but couldn't do anything about it.
Another driver got on the bus, a black man (the inspector was also black). I was about to protest that this was my bus and I was supposed to drive it, but the inspector said this was a special test. I had to sit with the passengers. The design of the downstairs area was not like a real bus. The seats weren't in the usual place and it was very modern with a large vestibule area with panels where no one was allowed to stand. There was a counter behind the driving capsule and a bench with sandwiches, chocolate bars and crisps, they hadn't been there before. Most of the passengers had helped themselves. The driver set off and announced along the way about the food, it sounded like he was going to sell it. The inspector tutted and said he's not supposed to mention the food, but he has to get the passengers to take it. She marked something off on her clipboard.
We stopped and the driver announced in a light hearted voice that we were part of a test for some f****ing inspector, so that's why we were f****ing stopped. The inspector appreciated this, smiled and nodded. The driver came around the bus saying we have to watch some stupid film, however we should watch it while eating these as a treat. He pulled out a bag which looked like real bananas but were actually some confection which sprouted a chocolaty, crunchy top as he pulled them out. The bottom part was a hard chewy sweet so you ate the banana skin as well. It looked vile. I didn't want to take one, I hadn't taken any of the other food either because it was all stuff I don't eat. The inspector was staring at me with a fierce expression on her face. If this was another test then I was about to fail, but I couldn't take the banana.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

"If this was another test then I was about to fail, but I couldn't take the banana." Ummm ... isn't this something Krysstal would say?

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Dreeeeamer said...

Well, when you put it like that..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home