Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dream 46: Bits and Pieces
Several seemingly unrelated sections of which I can only recall snippets.... I was in an era which was a mixture of Dickensian, Wild West, Modern Times with a bit of Mafia style 1940's thrown in. In the dream it was a recognised time/era and I realised what it was straight away. There were loads of people milling about generally and later it became a party in a large rambling house. PMG was there and I was hanging around him. He was wearing a hat (cross between a trilby and a pork pie) and looked gorgeous. Eventually I signalled with a raise of my eyes and a nod of the head that we could go to my room. He nodded his assent much to my surprise, I never thought it would be so easy. We got to the bedroom and were in bed, then it was like a film, we just cut straight to us waking up in the morning! We were talking about his brother. I asked him what his name was and he said Carlos. There was a flashback to me chasing Carlos. I was either a gangster or a cop and he was running. He wore a similar hat to PMG and at times looked very like him and then other times not at all. In the flashback I was threatening him. I bailed him up in the corner of a room and stuck a gun under his nose. I was very close to killing him but something made me stop. Perhaps I realised he must be related to PMG. People kept changing their appearance in this era. I was walking behind PMG down some stairs and his hair was yellow blond and all stiff and sticky from being loaded with gel. Next thing he was back to his black curls.
In another section I was on a train, it was made from old grey wood and was very rickety. I had to go through several carriages to find the loos. I did find them and had an enormously long pee, trying to hang on and point it in the right direction. But I still needed to go (because I did in real life I suppose - normally I don't get to actually pee in a dream, I just keep trying to find a loo, so this was unusual).
Then I was on a veranda with P (not PMG). The buildings were wild western town style and there was a big dusty road in front of us. A group of circus performers turned up and were playing around with various bits and pieces, a ball and some soft toys they used for juggling. The ball came over towards us. P missed it, but I hit it back. Then a toy rabbit shot over. P stood on it. And I told him to flick it up, he tried but couldn't. I had a go, stood on it, flicked it up with my feet then kicked it back to the group in the dusty road. P said where did I learn to do that. I said I didn't know I could, I'd just watched the others and had a go.
Then I went for a pee in real life. When I came back I was running late for a yoga group. I went in and joined in part way through. We seemed a close-knit group and had been going to the sessions for a while. But the next time we went there had been an incident. The yoga teacher said we had to complete a survey before we could carry on. I was late again and several people had finished. There was a package for everyone which included food, a menu, the questionnaire and some pants made from special material. They were for warming up or after the sessions. They were blue and had a logo and were sort of rubbery, plasticky and fleecy at the same time. I decided I'd put mine on later because I was already warm and in my yoga gear. However this seemed to indicate a non-conformist attitude. I gathered they were trying to establish whether we believed in the yoga philosophy and way of life or whether we just did it for the exercise. Apparently they were cracking down on who was allowed to participate. I would have liked the food but as I was running late I thought it would interfere with my yoga if I ate it so close to doing it. The food was all vegan, so instead of sampling it and answering the questions I just wrote 'I follow a vegan diet'. Then I tried to answer the rest of the questions. There was some commotion as everyone wanted the teacher to start the group. She was hesitant because she wasn't sure of the results and whether she was allowed. In the end we didn't do any yoga. I was annoyed because I could have eaten the food after all and now it had gone cold and a bit rubbery, plus I was hungry.

1 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

OK, now we've both had dreams involving veganism within a couple of days ... spooky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home