Friday, November 24, 2006

Dream 10: An Octopus and An Alien
Had this dream a couple of days ago. Very long dream. Started off in a house which was part of a commune or education centre. I was living there and trying to improve my house. There was a small octopus which had attached itself to the outside of one wall. It was getting bigger everyday, it wasn't bothering me that much, except that I wanted to do some renovations on the wall which was in a bad state or repair - boards, missing, broken or worn away and the wall cavity crumbling. One day I noticed the octopus had grown considerably. I went to look on the inside of the wall and it had got several of its tentacles through the wall and folded into the cavity. It would soon be able to get it's whole body through and I was scared it would take over my house or attack me. I went to find some help.
I'm not sure what happened after that, but the next bit I remember was that I was a young girl but an alien on earth. Some people from my species had special powers and I was under close surveillance to see if I would develop any of these powers. I knew inherently that I did. In fact I could be very dangerous to the earth and humans. I was the equivalent of a princess in my species but this had to be kept quiet. I was sent away for many years, to be educated while under the strict control of humans. When older I would be used for mundane work and used by humans for whatever suited them. I played at being a frivolous silly girl, emulating human behaviour, but also pretending I was one of my species who was underdeveloped and would not pose a threat, all the time harbouring the knowledge that I would one day break the hold the humans had on us and reclaim our heritage.
When I was a teenager I was given paper to be filled in. At 18 I would be allowed a visit to my place of birth. All of us were allowed a visit if it was thought we were harmless. I was 16 and it would be two years before I could visit. The papers had the dates clearly marked for my visit. I also had to choose a meal. The menu was in Chinese writing. I wondered how I could possible choose a meal two years ahead and in a language I didn't understand. Also I had special dietary requirements and I didn't know how to ensure I'd get what I needed. In the end I chose something from the pictures of the menu and thought I would sort it out later, besides food would not be the most important thing on my mind at that time.
Another couple of years went by with me trying to keep my true identity hidden. I had no-one to confide in, but I had a feeling that a spirit of camaraderie was flowing through to me somehow from my people, willing me on. Eventually it was time for my visit. But something stopped me from going. The humans were suspicious of me and made me do all these tests. I had to work very hard so as not to be found out, to stop them from seeing deep into my conscious and sub-conscious being and working out who I really was.
Finally I was at the check-in for my trip. The date was nearly two years past my original permit, but they either didn't notice or decided it was all right after being vetted. I continued to play at being silly. I pretended not to know how the system worked and was all giddy and excited about the trip. I let people guide me and tell me what to do and where to do. They were very patronising and derogatory treating me with disdain, because I was a silly alien girl. They showed me the menu again to check my meal. The date had been changed on the menu. It was time to get onto the transport, a cross between a space ship and a plane. I was thinking to myself that I would soon be home. Once there I could engage my powers. It was something to do with being able to find and control all sources of energy, I remember thinking specifically of bauxite, but I think it involved all forms of energy the earth used, oil, ore, solar, wind etc. Once back home I could control all these energies and wreak havoc on earth. I would also take my place as leader amongst my own species. I was trying to decide whether I wanted to destroy earth and the humans, or whether I would just control them and keep them restricted as they had been doing to my people.
Unfortunately I woke up before I got back! Would have been fascinated to find out what happened next.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home