Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dream 49: Real Riding
I was looking after a couple of horses for a friend who had gone away. I mucked out and groomed and then went for a fantastic ride on the large dark bay horse. He was beautiful to ride, very well trained and responsive, light on his feet, excitable and fast. It was a lovely day in the green countryside with the sun shining. I had such a wonderful time. I got back and put the horse in his stable, wiped him down and finished checking them both. The other horse was a smaller older more hackey sort off horse who was a companion for the other who was basically a show horse. I went back home and was thinking about looking after the animals and how much I was enjoying it, having been away from animals and horses in particular for many years. I was planning what I would do the next day, then I realised it wasn't real. I was very disappointed. I kept examining the scenario in my head trying to find a bit that could be real or some way to make it real. I was thinking if I knew anyone with horses. Or maybe if I'd actually had a nice ride recently that I was remembering, but try as I might I couldn't get past it being just a dream. I went back over it several times, but the result was always the same. (I was still dreaming while all this was going on).
Later on I had a few other snippets of dreams. At one point I was sitting around a very long table. There were maybe half a dozen people scattered around the table, but there were loads of chairs free. There were also a few people coming and going around the table, in the room and doing things but able to listen in on any conversation. I started telling them about my dream about the horses. I went through and described the dream, almost as above. And when I got to the bit were I said I realised it wasn't real they were lots of amused chuckles from everyone. When I'd finished, some of them were walking around smiling and repeating, it wasn't real, I wanted it to be real and then having a giggle.

1 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

I love dreams where you know you are dreaming and you dream them again to either change them or see something more clearly. I hate it when they just play like a broken record though ... oh well, if you have one, I guess you get the other for free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home