Friday, May 09, 2008

Dream 75: Bloody Thirsty Monsters
I had this dream several days ago, it was extremely graphic, highly detailed and visually explicit. The dream opened with P in a street. He'd been driving but had crashed into several cars and shopfronts and left a trail of carnage down the road. Car doors hanging off, bikes strewn, debris all around. He had been completely oblivious and was amazed when he turned around and saw the devastation behind. I was on the opposite side of the street trying to catch up with him. I shouted across 'What happened?' but he didn't seem to know. Then I was an alien. We were very blood thirsty and continued down the street hacking into innocent people and killing or maiming them. It was supposed to be to get blood and/or flesh but I didn't see anyone actually drinking blood or eating flesh! I began to realise that this was wrong. We couldn't go around like this and would have to find an alternative way of getting food. When we attacked someone, we had a choice of whether to convert them into one of us or leave them to die. There were a few people who were on the point of turning into one of us, but I decided it would be kinder and more manageable if they didn't. I set fire to some of the bodies (the standard method apparently). The body elongated, expended all its fluids in a steamy gush and shrivelled into a brown dried up mess. Like a large dead lizard which has dried out in the sun.
Inside I felt I was an amphibian of some sort but also vampire-ish. Every now and then my insides would gurgle and shift as if uncomfortable in a human body and there was a constant threat that I would go back to my normal form. I was trying to stop the others from indiscriminate killing and to find a way to work with the people on earth. I had just stopped a particularly blood thirsty attempt and was holding a young girl on the floor. The Father came and stood over me with a huge kitchen knife. He brought it down towards my throat and held it just to my right. I thought, this is a dream he won't cut me, or I'll wake up. But he very slowly brought the knife against the side of my throat. I could feel it very intensely. Then he proceeded to cut through my neck. It went quite slowly, but the knife was sharp. I could feel it going through the flesh, it was deep into my neck. It was quite odd, I felt a momentary sensation of shock and panic and then as it was cutting through I wondered how it looked and whether any blood was showing yet, there was no artery burst. Then I realised that he couldn't kill me this way, we were very hard to kill, but at least it would make him feel better that he was defending his daughter, so I let him go right across my throat.
Sometime later I was posing as a young man in rooms at Cambridge University. Many of us had almost assimulated into human life. We were having sessions with a Don who was trying to educate us in literature. There were three of us who had just handed in an essay each. The Don commented that although technically correct, we had not put any soul, emotion or opinion into the essay. He was trying to get us to be passionate about our subject, but not being human we would not be capable of such emotions. I had tried to leave clues that we were in fact aliens. I hoped the Don would be intelligent enough to find us out. I wanted to let him know that the only way to kill us was with a special silver sword which I was going to leave somewhere strategic. I realised that although some of us were civilised there were still too many killing and terrorising people and I wanted to help them to get rid of us.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

This really would make a great movie - it would be right up Danny Boyle's alley (he did Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, Sunshine).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home