Monday, January 07, 2008

Dream 69: Spiritual Matters and Hippies
Had this dream a few days ago - problems getting online... These are parts of a very long dream that meandered from one story to another. I was in an open air car park which looked to be somewhere in the US. I had just completed something or other and I was coming back to my car with great success, people whooping and cheering. There were three or four young men in the front of a dark modern van. They were a famous group who were watching me. I took my track pants off but had no knickers on underneath. I had a long T-Shirt on which I thought covered my bits, but the group in the van shook their heads and indicated I should put my track pants back on. We were laughing about it. I looked across the parking lot and saw the group on a huge billboard. They were doing their trade-mark signature which was having their backs to the camera, turning their faces back to look back over their shoulder, while bending over as if to give us a mooney. But instead of a full mooney they just showed the top of their cracks in a builder's bum style. They had similar track pants to mine (plain black) so when I was putting mine back on, I did a builder's bum crack moon at them. They loved it!
Then I was in a meditation place in some mountainous region. It was a cross between a museum and a retreat. We were on a tour, but also participating at times. In one large room there was to be a meditation session. I was with J and she was whispering what various things meant and what to do next. The session started off quiet and reflective as one would expect, but then a women leapt up and started flinging her arms around and singing. The rest of the room mimicked her. They were dancing around singing and some were chanting, others looked confused. It was the loudest most chaotic meditation I'd ever seen. J was trying to explain it to me while I looked into the face of the lead women. She was wearing pastel orangey-pinky flowing garments and she looked ecstatic. I thought it was all too hyped for my liking.
We walked on into some small rooms which had ancient artifacts and shrine-like displays. There was some writing on small pieces of stone and slate. They looked like hieroglyphics but as you read them they changed to letters and words, but not ones I recognised. J started to read from them quietly. It was very impressive. We went into another room and I said I didn't know she could read Sanskrit. She told me she done a retreat some years ago with a guru who guided her. She did not need to learn, because no one can teach it, you either have the gift to read or you don't. But the guru had seen the gift in her and she was able to do it. J said the guru had been very impressed with her. We then went into another room which turned out to be a gift shop, in fact a series of gift shop rooms which contained not just things to buy but also interspersed with museum artifacts so you had to be careful not to touch certain items and displays. J had disappeared by this time. It was very colourful, lots of pastel shades and nice new age style gifts, clothing, crystals etc. Some of the stuff was quite tasteful and appealing, I picked up a couple of bits I thought I might buy. Suddenly there was a commotion. A older man who looked like a hippie from long gone days, long lanky hair, flowing orange sarong and a black slogan T-shirt, had opened up a sacred object. It was an elaborate scent burner. It had cages or baskets in it, but it was centuries old and not meant to touched. But the hippie bloke acted like he had one at home and used it all the time. He was saying he was just trying to improve the atmosphere and light some scents, he had some with him. He couldn't see what all the fuss was about, people getting carried away with possessions, he was just trying to improve the vibe of the room. Meanwhile the shop assistants were shouting and talking about getting the police and so on.
I walked to another room. I was sort of on the hippie's side. They were over reacting. All they had to say was please don't touch that it's fragile and he would have respected that. But they were berating him and threatening all sorts of legal action which seemed unnecessary to me. I then came across another ancient artifact. It was a sort of doll-like figure in a complicated structure like an elongated long square cube which was suspended between four sticks. I dismantled the structure, took out the doll and wrapped something around it. It had the feeling of being something like dope, slightly illegal but not serious. It was meant to be a sign for the hippie bloke, he would see it and know there was support for him. He may even take the doll as well - it wasn't very clear. I'd almost finished when someone walked up to see what I was doing. I just pretended to be admiring it, turning it so I could see. Luckily I'd just managed to get the doll back so the wrapped stuff didn't show and they were non the wiser. I walked nonchalantly away. There was still a commotion around the hippie bloke. So I decided to walk out without paying for my stuff. I never intended to, but I thought it would serve them right for being so horrible. They were supposed to be promoting peace, love, spiritual well being and yet they were being outrageously horrible to the hippie. I was about to pick up another item to steal just to spite them, but then decided against it because I really wanted the two or three items I'd picked and that was all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home