Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dream 70: Back to School and KT Tunstall
Had a dream last week where I was back at school, but still my own age. I’ve had similar dreams before, but this was different in that when I was semi-awake I thought it was true.
I was going to classes and unlike previous dreams I had done my ‘O’ levels or equivalent and was just about to do my ‘A’ levels and would be leaving school in a few weeks. The other students were all 17 or 18 and I was trying not to draw attention to the fact that I was in my 40’s! As I was waking up, my real brain starting saying things like, but I can’t be at school at this age, then answering itself by saying, but you’ll be leaving in a few weeks, just hang on and then you can get back to normal. It was as if I had to complete the school exams before I could get back to what I was doing before. But I still couldn’t work out why no one thought it was odd that I was in an actual school with teenagers, when I should have gone to a college or something at my age. It was very real and took me a few moments for my mind to come back to real reality and confirm to itself that I was NOT actually going to school at this stage of my life!

Last night I was dreaming about being in a home where my Granny (Dodo) was living (my Granny died many years ago). She had gone away on holiday and I was waiting for her to come back. I knew where her room was but I couldn't get in. I went into the other rooms such as the lounge and the dining areas. It was like a very high class hotel. I was pleased that Dodo had such a nice place to live. P and I were getting ready to play some music. We had set up the PA, but I needed to change. I was trying to get into Dodo's rooms but couldn't. I tried a few other rooms, I was going to sneak into an unoccupied one but there were too many staff so I kept wandering around with the clothes draped over my arms.
Then P and I were in the street. We went into a shop entrance and we looking at the window display. There was some music playing and we were watching something (don't remember what). KT Tunstall was next to us and she started singing along. It was one of her own songs and I started to recognise it as one which had been played on TV in a big series. She was getting to the chorus and we both started to sway at the same time with out shoulders touching. I told her that we had been at the Outsider Festival - she had played there. She nodded. Then I said that we'd been trying to do comedy in one of the big tents when she started her set. I explained that we were entertainers. I then tried to tell her that her song had been featured in the TV show. But she kept going on about a film in which her music as to be used. I had the feeling she didn't actually know about the TV show and she may be due some payment. But I couldn't get my point across - we just kept talking at crossed purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home