Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dream 14: Musical Fat Boy and New Driving Techniques
My dreams the last few days have been jumbled around, hard to grasp or had rude awakenings where you loose the lot in one swift inconvenient, untimely ring of the doorbell!
Today I was interrupted (doorbell-wise) twice, but I have managed to hang on to the following bits.
There was a hugely fat boy, in his teens. He was turned sideways facing his right so I could only see his left side and the outline of his enormous frame - think Richard Griffiths only even more so. He was emanating music. We were unable to control the music type or level and I couldn't work out what it had to do with the boy or how, but he did seem to be a human duke-box. He kept re-appearing in different parts of my dream and I kept trying to figure out why. He was playing music I didn't always recognise, mostly current stuff I suppose.
Then I was in a cross between an insurance company and auto service/repair centre. They were going on about car insurance and security to a group of us. They wanted us to get changed for a practical session which would show us a driving technique that was illegal in some countries. We got changed into bikinis and trunks for the blokes. I was wearing a (real life) bikini I had when I was a teenager. It was a mid blue colour and the pants had lost some of their elasticity so were a bit floppy, not about to fall off, but not far from it.
We were driven to these simulators to practice the new technique. You had to pull the brake lever and gear stick back together in a certain way which meant you didn't need to use your foot brakes. I said to P it wouldn't work for us because we drove a Volkswagen and he agreed. Since the technique was illegal in Germany the gear and brake lever were in different places rendering the technique impossible. P went off to a second simulator to have a go, he seemed quite keen, I couldn't see the point. I sat on a step at the edge of a simulator and watched some of the others have a go. The seat was on a rail, like a rowing machine and it slide back as you pulled on the two levers simultaneously while releasing a catch on the break lever at the same time. Some people took a while to get the hang of it. I was thinking maybe this was some advanced driving technique it would be handy to know, then I thought I'd never use it, I'd rather just use my brakes and surely the bit of wear saved on the brakes would be countered by the extra wear and tear on the hand brake and gear stick. Then I thought about car chases and wondered if the technique was part of a handbrake turn, but then I thought it was unlikely I would ever be in a car chase let alone in a car which happened to have the right gear and brake lever. P came back he'd had a go, but I had decided not to. We got into the cars again and they drove off, I was worried they were taking us home without us changing and collecting our things, but then they doubled back.
Later we were trying to tune the TV into a special channel showing exclusive programmes. The fat boy re-appeared a couple of times with his music. We watched the programmes for a while then I was in another house and they were picking up snippets of the exclusive channels as well, which they weren't supposed to. There was a security check going on and we wandered from house to house checking out our neighbours arrangements, it was all quite friendly. I was in someones kitchen just off the lounge room. A man came in through the front door into the lounge area and I went to talk to him. He said, 'I know this house is secure, but I just wandered straight in and I have the police outside.' Then the doorbell rang again....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home