Friday, December 29, 2006

Dream 21: Bikes, Old Baths and Drama School
This dream was quite a jumble, but I will attempt to put some waking life order into what was dream scape chaos. I was involved with some kind of work, although it had a feel of being at school as well. There were several times I was on a bicycle going either too or from the work/school place. The first couple of times were quite straight forward and involved the odd road from my childhood town as well as familiar roads from Sydney. Then the route was changed due to road works and things became more complicated.
At one point I was in a dilapidated building which housed some old swimming baths. They were being renovated, I think I had something to do with that. Also by this time I was looking for a venue to start a drama school. I was to be a student but also help with setting it up and running it. I was standing at the entrance to the baths and looking across to a cafe on the corner. It was busy and although it looked very basic and run down it was patronised by the trendy, hip, happening crowd.
Then I was on my bike again, I was taking AM (a real life comedian) home, his home, not mine. We had been working together. At first I thought I was giving him a lift on the back of my bicycle, but when we got to the roadworks and took a detour, he showed me another detour and I realised he had his own bike. We ended up at the rundown but trendy cafe, he was a regular there. I went in and tried to order something. A woman was trying to explain where the baths were. I thought they were across the road where I'd been before, but the orientation was wrong, she pointed towards another road. There was an enormous pile of rubble like a bombed out building, behind that was the old baths, I recognised the clock tower structure and the green plaster, but it also had bricks and parts of the building missing.
Next I was trying to attend a drama class there were a lot of people milling about but no one knew what was happening. LL (real life drama teacher) turned up and took a group away. We exchanged looks. Later again I had grabbed some black grapes and was in the street. P was relating a story as we went along. We came to a door and I knocked, just as P was getting to the climax of the story the door was opened by LL and I spilt some of the grapes. I was saying sorry to P and to LL at the same time. I went into the hallway and still saying sorry to LL's withering look I asked if I could use the 'phone. I looked back at P who was looking puzzled and still trying to finish his story. I apologised again. LL indicated the phone and scowled at me. When he answered the door his chest was bare, as I picked up the phone he turned around and I realised he was completely naked and had probably come out of the shower to answer the door. The 'phone call was important, to do with the drama school I think. P tentatively stepped in through the door too. Then LL's two children turned up and we were all squashed into the hallway. LL came back and it was even more crowded as I tried in vain to make the call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home