Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Dream 29: Peace in Wales
I seemed to spend nearly all my sleep-time dreaming last night. The first was an enormously long complicated affair involving gangs, fights, loads of violence in general, and some criminal activities. I can’t really remember the details now but it was certainly entertaining. There was an interlude in the middle where my dreaming took me on a very different path but that too has gone because I was woken sharply by a noise, which is frustrating...
The next dream involved me and P coming home from somewhere, we were walking down a street laughing conspiratorially as if we’d got away from something we hadn’t been enjoying by making our excuses. It was the sort of relief you get when you’ve been bored to death by an event or party and have managed to leave early but fairly graciously.
We walked past a bus stop. There was an old man with grey stubble on his head and face. He had piercing blue eyes and was full of malice. He stuck his leg out at us but Paul pushed him back, quite viciously.
Next thing we were in a lounge room. The old man was sitting in one armchair right next to us on the couch. Another man was sitting beyond and next to the old man. He was like the big boss. It had the feel of the mafia and the old man was the tough guy. We talked for some time and I realised that P was paying money to their syndicate. I then had a recollection in the dream of some of the direct debits from his account, there was a close up of a bank statement with various debits which I scanned. There was one I always assumed was something else but it was connected with this group. I couldn’t believe P would be involved in anything criminal and/or violent so I wanted to see what it was all about. The old man was trying to menace and threaten us. He asked some question and I replied that perhaps he was too old to be the hard man and that he was pretty ineffectual if his display at the bus stop had been anything to go by. I thought P would back me up, but he diplomatically side-stepped the issue and tried to get onto why we were having the meeting. There was more cryptic chat between the boss and P. It turned out that the fund P had been contributing to was for Peace in Wales. I thought: I didn’t know Wales was at war or under any sort of siege, but it seemed like a good cause and at least it wasn’t funding drug running or something.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

Well, at least it wasn't the Piece of Whales fund.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home