Monday, September 24, 2007

Dream 60: Flying in the Past
I was in a WW2 aircraft. We were flying on a mission when something peculiar happened and everything folded and collapsed in on itself so all that was left was a bit of oddly patterned material. There was an Italian feel to it but I can't say what or why exactly. My sleep was interrupted a few times last night so it may have been to do with that.
Then I'm back in another plane, still in the 1940's. The war is still going on, but it seems to be near the end and we are flying over crowds of people who are out on the street. They are not celebrating yet, but it feels imminent. We are doing some sort of display flying. We do some elaborate manoeuvres and then leap from the plane. We don't have parachutes but make patterns and strange movements which slow our progress. Then the plane flies in front of us and hovers just above the ground. It drops a wide rope ladder/net and we land on it and climb down to the ground. The crowd have been watching in awe, but then just go about their business. Then I'm back on the plane. The ladder/net is hanging down and I go onto it. We are preparing more manoeuvres, but there is an enemy now on board. The controls of the plane are just above me at the top of the rope ladder, but the enemy is standing on the platform to the left of the controls. As I'm hanging onto the ladder and trying to control the plane I can't look up properly to see him/her. I can just see the body but not right up to see the head. They are wearing purple clothes, in fact he/she is dressed in my purple fleece jacket (from real life). I am confused since the dress is modern but we're meant to be in the 1940's. Also I can't tell if they are male or female and if it is actually the future me. There is a certain menace to the figure but they are not actually doing anything. The plane is careering all over the place and I have to try and get past the figure to sort it out. Then I wake....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home