Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dream 54: A Twisted little Journey ends in Gore
I was back working with my old boss ECT. We were in a meeting with another colleague about the finances. I had done a lot of background work and had already told ECT some of my prognosis. However she was listening more to the colleague who she seemed the think was more of an expert than I. When the other person said something about how we were going to hit problems in the future I said to ECT, that's what I told you before. She glanced at me with her don't interrupt look. I felt slightly cheated. I thought she doesn't trust me anymore. She used to rely on me almost completely but because I've been away she thinks I don't know what's going on. I realised it would take me longer to regain her trust.
I was leaving work then with a short man who was an old work friend (only in the dream, he wasn't someone from my real life). He had a phobia to do with walking home a certain route at a certain time. I followed behind him to make sure he was ok. We got to a distant car park and a set of stairs which marked the end of his phobia. He turned and smiled and I walked up and put my arm around his shoulders congratulating him on getting through. He was grateful I'd been there just in case. I was going to give him a lift the rest of the way in my car which I thought I'd parked nearby. Then I remembered I'd parked it in the underground section at work. The short work friend said he knew a quick way back. We ended up going through some old buildings but we climbed up and down walls, banisters and corridors from one level to another in a labyrinth style journey. I thought it's a good job I have climbing experience. The man commented on what a good friend I was (funny I didn't know his name!). We arrived at a large hall where they were having an after show supper. It was one of the science Faculties which had put on a classic play (probably Shakespeare). Me and the friend had seen some of it and were joking between ourselves about how awful it was. One of the senior academics came up to me and was expressing his disappointment. He told me the students in the cast were upset and ashamed to be part of such a bad production, so I said well they could act better and then it wouldn't be so bad. They had been directed by a science bod who knew nothing about it and they had no affinity with acting themselves it was doomed from the start. The academic then mentioned something about climbing. I made some comment and he asked me what qualified me to comment on both acting and climbing - not directly it was implied in his tone and question. Just at that point I'd taken a bite out of a vol-au-vent. I indicated I couldn't talk just then. I wanted to reply but the vol-au-vent became incredibly chewy and sticky and I could get a word out. The academic kept spouting on and I wanted to explain how I did actually know about these matters and wasn't just being bitchy.
I left the party and was on my way down the street when I caught a glimpse of an enemy on a broomstick. I flitted quickly and quietly down a side street and saw a few of my gang scattered around. We were all aware of our enemy, but she was flying erratically and in full view, not the way it was done at all. We were keeping and eye on her while hiding in and out of gardens, hedges etc. About three of my gang were in an alleyway (it was in the suburbs, all homes) and a bus came by. They hid beside the bus and the enemy sort of crashed into and merged with a couple of them. They manage to extract themselves and get rid of the enemy's broom and send her on her way as I watched from across the road. We met up and one of the gang was disparaging about the enemy saying she hadn't a clue how to fly and use her broomstick. We were flying ourselves by this time. Another gang member said yeah you have to start by going down. I was puzzled, how can you go down if you're on the ground. But she pointed to a roof top and an hill and said you have to fling yourself downwards otherwise you have no control.
I then arrived at my brother T's party in a posh hotel. I was late and I didn't want to drink too much so I sipped on a glass of something and mingled. My other brother then arranged to take people home in taxis. T came over with a load of different drinks to hand out to those left. He gave me a soft drink and asked if I'd drive which I said was ok. But then a taxi came back. T was annoyed that Brother had sent one back. He wanted to carry on the party and have more drinks. He went outside to send it away. I was standing near mother who was sitting on a marble bench near the side of the road. There was a commotion in the street. A small crowd were around an old man with glasses and a red jumper. He as falling. He was not only drunk but also probably not well either. He was passing out and as he fell they tried to grab him but they were old too. T shouted 'He's a DONOR, keep him UPRIGHT'. But it was too late. As the man rolled onto the ground on his back he suddenly had no glasses, a blue jumper and was very much awake. He viciously grabbed another man's hair/head and hurled him through the air across the street with tremendous strength. The man's scalp ripped off and was left in the other man's hand. I looked across the road and there was this pile of blood and gore where the thrown man had landed and disintegrated. There was also some white-ish fur around him where an animal had been run over earlier and it was all mixed in. It was very shocking that he could be killed just like that. I had a horrible feeling in my guts. When T had shouted about the donor I had a brief glimpse of a half memory about working in a home with older people and some of them had this donor quality, but it was all very hazy and happened in a fraction of a second. I looked away from the gore and back at mother. She had also just looked and was in the process of fainting. There were a few onlookers next to her and some broken glass on the pavement. She was slumping forwards and sideways in slow motion, but I couldn't get to her in time. I called 'Mother, Mother' as I went towards her then woke up.

1 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

Enemy on a broomstick - that made me laugh out loud. It has a Harry Potter meets WW2 ring to it. "I say chaps, 12 o'clock high. Enemy on a broomstick."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home