Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dream 58: Recruited Spies
P and I were picked to become spies. We had a several secret messages telling us what to do. We had to pack as if going on holiday. We were supposed to meet up with our agent but we had a gig booked. We decided that we had to do the gig since they only let us know an hour or so before and it was impossible to find a replacement. After all it would blow our cover before we'd even started. I was worried that they would think we weren't going to join them and that we could be in trouble, or maybe even thought of as traitors. We had our suitcases as well as our equipment for the gig. We were on the gig and I was looking for signs. P said it was their own fault for not telling us soon enough and they should have known. I had visions of some angry official secret service bod coming up and telling us the security of the country is far more important than a pub gig!
We were then told to go to a house. We were moving in with a woman who would be our guide/agent. She had a little dog which kept getting in the way. We spent some time unpacking, including our equipment. Then we had to pack again and go to the airport. I was standing in a check-in queue and thinking I've only packed warm clothes and I don't know if we're going somewhere hot. I made a mental note to pack shorts as well next time to be prepared for every eventuality. It was all rather confusing and we never managed to get to the point of our assignment, or even find out what our assignment was. We didn't end up on a plane, but had to go back home. This time it was another place and our things had been moved but were spread all over in chaos and mixed with other people's stuff. There were some plants, I had to figure out which were ours and water them. I was expecting to find a message. I watered some other plants as well as they were dying. At one point I was in a crowded area, waiting for something. I got chatting to a woman who seemed to know who I was. There were two other women behind me who had eastern European accents. They wanted to be introduced as well but I decided that wasn't a good idea and sneaked away, although I was near the head of the queue for whatever it was I was supposed to collect. I went back home and our agent had arrived with a car load of stuff and the mad little dog. We spent more time unpacking and sorting and I wondered if we'd actually been recruited as dogsbodies rather than for espionage purposes - I wanted to get on with our mission!

1 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger Karen Bayly said...

Rather a lot of use of the words "agent" and "dog". No idea what that means ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home