Friday, January 05, 2007

Dream 25: Arriving Home
This dream involved P and I arriving back at our flat where our friend J had been house-sitting. She explained there had been a few changes. The flat was nothing like any real-life home we've had and was full of people. One of the rooms, which had been spare and had been a connecting room to another flat, was now a band green room and the connecting room was a bar complete with band playing. There were some Jamaican musicians milling around and I could see and hear a sax player blasting out in the bar room.
The lounge room was converted into a bedroom with a double bed and single bed next to it acting as a sofa. J was asking me if I had something, she used a word I'd never heard before and went on to explain it was a type of camp or temporary bed. There was yet another person who needed to be put up. I was extremely jet-lagged and becoming stressed and upset by all these people in our flat. I went to the kitchen and J explained they were preparing a curry to welcome us home. I told them to make sure there was no meat in mine. P came up and produced two tickets to a show. It was for that night and I told him firstly we were too tired and secondly they had this meal planned. I spent the next while wandering about the flat trying to find familiar things. People kept approaching me and asking all sorts of questions. The feel of the place was extremely chaotic and I was getting quite ratty with people, but then explaining I'd spent 24 hours on a plane and I was jet lagged. I went out for a while then came back when dinner was ready.
There were loads of people at this dinner and the curry was being served. They were going to just fish out the vegetables from the main curry dish and give me that. I was appalled. I went down to the kitchen to see what J was doing as she's a veggie too. She was starting to prepare her own meal but didn't have enough for two. I was furious. We'd travelled all this way home only to find it overrun with strangers and J hadn't even made sure there was something I could eat. P then came up with some new tickets for an even better show later that night.
I drove off in my car and went into town. It was very busy with people too. I'm not sure what I did there, but then I was driving back towards the flat and on the bend of a small road P and J appeared. P was waving the tickets saying we were going to be late for the show and thank goodness I'd turned up. J was lagging behind and looking out of breath and red in the face as she'd tried to keep up with P (so not like real life!). I said ok give me a minute then drove off back to the flat, leaving them to make their way to the venue, I could feel J was puzzled and annoyed that I wasn't giving them a lift. I did something or other in the flat, I think I bumped into the musicians again, then went to find P and J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home